Locating a Maryland Custom Home Builder can be quite exciting, very rewarding and incredibly nerve racking when the proper “Research” isn’t worked out.
Watch out for the BAITERS!
Exactly what is BAITERS?
A “Baiter” is a Builder which will page and use a ridiculously low cost per sqm. Ft. The amount of money. The reduced cost per sqm. Ft. Grabs your attention. The strategies / ploy then entice you to contact the Custom Builder. It’s when you begin “peeling back the onion” that you simply begun to understand that the ridiculously low cost per sqm. Ft. The number did not include everything (site work, all permits, etc…) and it is being quoted with poor quality / sub-standard materials.
Do you know the “Make Certain” things you can do when choosing a Maryland Custom Home Builder?
1) Make Certain the cost quoted by Maryland Custom Home Builder is inclusive. Including, however, is not restricted to, all the permits, all the necessary site work (front yard, excavations, septic, etc…) and every one of the required hookups (water & sewer, well & septic, gas & electric). Keep surprises away later, when it is past too far. If you’re not a handyman you will need the Custom Home Building tactic to be complete “Turn-Key”.
2) Make Certain that you simply compare “Apples to Apples” when evaluating materials by Maryland New House Builder. The very best factor to complete operates a PC spreadsheet evaluating the incorporated specifications of 1 perspective Custom Home Builder to a different Custom Home Builder.
3) Make certain that you simply visit a few Custom Homes which are being built to look at “Quality” and actual materials. “Would you like employed by this specific Custom Builder?” Should there be any payment problems or if it’s a poorly run job site you may be amazed at the candid solutions you will get. Notice the health of the task site. Could it be sloppy or untidy? This can be a sign of the “I do not care” attitude.
4) Make certain there’s a communication process in position during construction. Each week you ought to be informed of the items occasions are scheduled in your home for your particular week. Pictures, emails, telephone calls, etc… Are excellent tools for any Maryland Custom Home Builder to keep active in their client?
5) Make certain that ANY builder you’re thinking about has EXCELLENT customer references. Contact several references and get them regarding their overall knowledge about the Custom Builder. If people were not pleased with their experience – they would explain.